Saturday, July 10, 2010

I Have A Lot Of Catching Up To Do..... AAyyyeee!!




Wow. So I have a lot of writing to do. Let's see, where do I start?? Thursday I believe.... so we woke up and headed to Scone Palace - the castle where they crown the kings and queens. I absolutely loved it! It was seriously so beautiful! You could pay for a tour of the outside or a tour of both outside and inside. Jill, Emily, Aly, Deanna and I figured "what the heck" and bought the outdoor and indoor one. It was extremely breath-taking. The artwork beyond the front doors was beautifully crafted. I wanted to take pictures more than anything but we were not allowed. =[ So then I attempted to find a pamphlet with pictures on it but nothing was found. Ughh! I guess I will always just have to remember what it looked like. There were peacocks just roaming about the "car park" - aka parking lot. Very beautiful.


We then went to the studio to finish up the artwork and get the gallery ready for Friday's exhibition. Christiana and Joe took us to a pub to eat dinner, and then we headed to The Loft again. So much fun!!! =]


Friday was exhibition day. I woke up sooooo nervous. We changed out display last minute and I ended up loving it!!! One of the ladies that works at the college talked to me for about 10 minutes explaining how much she liked it. At one point she made me feel really good because she was speechless. Haha. She was very cute! Deanna and I also met this girl who told us her interpretation of our artwork. It was very lovely. She had told us that the foam background had looked like a cement wall, and the nails read as all the hurt they had gone through in their life, the mirrors were there to reflect on the experiences, the melted wax had given a feel of blood, and the zip ties that held the face together had given her the impression that they were held together now, but with one snap it could all fall apart. How deep is that?? We got chills and made her tell like everyone haha.


All in all yesterday went very well and it was very rewarding. =] We went to Paco's for dinner and it was delicious!!!


- Sorry everyone for slacking on my blogging... today is a free day and we are going to the waterfall behind our house. =] We also have to pack.. ughh! Then Edinburgh for Sunday and I fly back home Monday. I don't know if I will write another blog between now and then, but if I do... don't expect anything great. Thanks for following and I miss you all!!


- have a great day in HOT HOT Pittsburgh!

Natalie


P.s. We say goodbye to Christiana and Joe today.... =[ I will cry. They are some of the best people I have ever met.


1 comment:

  1. wow, that interpretation of your piece was very deeeeeep. glad they liked it! about the castle, i'm sure you'll find something on the internet to copy for your scrap book. yea, they never let you take pics of great expensive artwork :(.

    parts of these 3 weeks went slow for me and this week it seems like it's going fast hearing that you're class is over and you're wrapping everything up. isn't it wonderful that you've experienced so many new things and made some great memories with christiana and joe. best thing is some of your new friends will be in future classes with you. you'll have so many stories to look back on. i'm thrilled for you and guess what i can't wait for that long hug on monday. take care, have fun and stay safe :)

    love you to the moon.....no scotland and back toots.

    your proud mama
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete